Metal Type: 9999 Fine Silver
Metal Weight: 31.74 gram
Coin Diameter: 39 mm (Combined)
A full circle black (yin) and white (yang) shaped coins! Order today!
Your amazingyinandyang-shaped silver coins feature two heroes of Chinese tradition—the Tiger and the Dragon—fit together to form a perfect whole. The theme of balance is fully realized in their stunning imagery, rich colour, and singular design!
Enjoy traditional Chinese philosophy with your beautifulyinyangcoins! Order today!
AMAZINGYINANDYANG-SHAPED COINS FIT TOGETHER TO FORM A FULL CIRCLE!Yinandyangfunction together to represent harmony and balance among opposing forces. Though associated with oppositional traits (Tiger/Dragon, black/white, feminine/masculine, hard/soft, heaven/earth), there is no hierarchy between them. The Tiger, earthy and cunning, conjures strength and bravery. The mythical Dragon, master of the heavens, is associated with power and was once synonymous with the Emperor himself.
SPECIAL OBVERSE!On each of your coins, the special obverse design draws on motifs from traditional Chinese ceramics art!
HONOURS CHINESE CULTURE!Each element of the reverse and obverse designs has been carefully selected to honour Chinese culture and tradition.
PERFECT HARMONY!Encapsulated in a special holder for the two coins, displaying their artful relationship.
INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE!The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
LOW MINTAGE!Limited to 6,000 coins worldwide.
1 OZ. PURE SILVER!Your coins are crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
About the Design:Your amazing coins are designed to fit together to form a single circle. Shaped in the traditional Chineseyinform, the first coin features a stylized painted Tiger set against a black painted field decorated with traditional auspicious cloud motifs from Chinese art. The Tiger stalks across the white dot that traditionally appears in the blackyinform to connote balance. The eastern portion of the reverse features an intricate engraved border that is completed on the other coin, forming a full decorative outer circle when the two coins are fitted together. The second coin is shaped in the traditionalyangform and features a vividly coloured Dragon. The Dragon, like the Tiger, is set against a coloured background—in this case, the traditional white background of theyangform. As on theyincoin, a balancing black dot appears in the image—wrapped in the sinewy coils of the Dragon’s tail. The background is decorated with stylized auspicious clouds. The unique obverses of both coins feature the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The remaining design elements on the obverse are drawn from imagery found in traditional Chinese ceramics art, including beautifully engraved flowers and branches against a background of stylized auspicious clouds.
Did you know…
- Both the Tiger and the Dragon are found on Chinese artefacts dating back thousands of years.
- As a totemic symbol, the Dragon is master of water in the many forms it takes in nature, from oceans, lakes, and rivers to water spouts, waterfalls, and water-based tornadoes.
- Because they could fly, dragons were also associated with ascension, which may explain the creature’s close affiliation with the Emperor.
- In direct contrast with the ethereal, elusive magical Dragon, the Tiger was a very real and present force for people who dwelled in the massive feline’s natural habitat.
- Traditional Chinese culture is characterized by correlations between written characters, astronomical bodies, homophones (words that sound the same but mean something different), numbers, and animals like the dragon and the tiger. In the right combination they bring health, wealth and good fortune.
Your coins are encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
||99.99% pure silver
||10 dollars (each coin)
||Simon Ng (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)