Metal Type: 9999 Fine Silver
Metal Weight: 7.96 gram
Coin Diameter: 27 mm
Mintage: While Supplies Last
Cuddle up to an adorable symbol of friendship! Order today!
This giftable token of goodwill captures the essence of the bamboo-loving, peaceful panda that is an international symbol of friendship. Each special keepsake comes enclosed in a folder-style packaging that easily transforms into an easel, allowing you to proudly showcase the selectively coloured portrait of a treasured emblem of Chinese culture and an adorable animal friend.
A PIECE TO CHERISH OR GIVE! A wonderful gift to celebrate the special friendships in your life! Order today!
GIVE THE GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP! Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, your captivating coin is an inspiring celebration of friendship, represented by an animal that is an auspicious symbol in Chinese culture and CHINESE CHARACTERS for “friendship”!
AN AFFORDABLE KEEPSAKE! One of the most affordable pure silver coins produced by the Royal Canadian Mint!
RICH COLOURS! Beautiful selective colour brings the panda to life on the reverse.
COMES IN FOLDER-STYLE PACKAGING! Your coin is securely enclosed in a folder-style package that allows you to easily keep this coin on display: simply pop out the easel on the back of the colourful card and it all becomes a piece of art!
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Order your coin today before it’s too late!
Your coin features a three-quarter view of an international symbol of friendship, the giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca). Shown in a seated position as it quietly eats, this seemingly gentle spirit is easily recognized by its black-and-white fur, which is brought to life by selective colour that extends to the mix of grasses and wildflowers. To the left of the panda are the Chinese characters for “friendship”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know…
- The panda’s habitat is limited to six mountains ranges in the central Chinese provinces of Sichuan, Gansu and Shanxi. A census revealed 1,864 giant pandas remain in the wild, with an additional 300 found in breeding centres and zoos around the world; happily, the panda was downgraded from “endangered species” to “vulnerable” in 2016.
- A panda is a bamboo-eating machine! Foraging and eating can take up to 16 hours of its day, and the panda needs to consume as much as 15 kilograms in order to meet its daily nutritional needs.
- Giant pandas are unquestionably adorable, but like all bears, it’s always best to give them space. A panda’s molars are seven times larger than a human tooth, and their jaw muscles have to be strong enough to chomp tough bamboo.
- Females have just one reproductive cycle per year, and it only lasts up to 72 hours. To complicate matters, gender is difficult to determine until the panda is four years old.
- If a mother gives birth to twin cubs, one of them risks being abandoned. In captivity, keepers help raise both cubs by “twin swapping”: the keepers switch the twins every few days to ensure each will receive some one-on-one care directly from the mother.
Your coin is securely enclosed in a folder-style package that allows you to easily keep this coin on display: simply pop out the easel on the back of the colourful card and it all becomes a piece of art!
||While Supplies Last
||99.99% pure silver
||Susanna Blunt (obverse)